Friday, November 16, 2007

Itchy All Over


Last night we discovered that Asher had lice. Ewwww. So home we went to de-louse our children. First thing we did was apply the medication. During the 10 minutes it takes to work, we stripped all the beds and started the washer. I also washed all hats, mitts and coats. We eventually vacuumed every fabric surface -- including couches, chairs, mattresses, pillows, curtains and carpets. We had to pick a gazillion nits from Asher's hair -- strand by strand. It took 4 hours. I'm not joking. He was begging to go to bed -- and his scalp was red and sore. Poor kid. But poor mommy. I have the worst stiff neck now! The good news is, it seems like this little louse didn't spread. Rory didn't have anything to speak of -- and Chris and I didn't have anything. The daycare kids are all clean. But I'd like to say this has been a disturbing experience. Rory's been in school three years -- and not once has she had a note home about lice. Asher on the other hand, goes to nursery school 2 half days a week and comes home with it. Great. I'd also like to say that my son's nits was no where near as numerous as the picture above. However, I had no idea what they looked like before, so I thought some of you might be curious :)

Some other news. I was up 0.6 lbs last week (week 5). But this past week (week 6) I was down 3.2! However, last night, after the lice incident, I gorged on Hallowe'en candy. We'll see how week 7 turns out :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh...I am just going thru this for the first time. What an insane week this has been! I am a stay-at-home mom too. I have 3 kids, 6yrs, 3yrs (almost) and 4months. I also do daycare from home (which is where this lovely experience originated). I hope I never have to deal with this tedious task again! LOL