Saturday, September 13, 2008

the pinhole of light at the end of a very long, long tunnel

I had a great, great work day. I finally feel like instead of just writing due dates in my agenda, on my calendar, and adding to my very LONG list of Things to Do...I actually put a few checkmarks in the boxes.

Last week was overwhelming, to say the least. 9 classes, in 3 days with minimum 3 assignments each...plus the readings...DO THE MATH PEOPLE!!! Going back to school when you have two young children is a CHALLENGE. Chris is working really hard, picking up the slack. But, if I was single, 21 (like my peers at school...for the most part), and free as a bird, I'd still be overwhelmed and exhausted!

Now I remember why students DRINK.


But tonight, as I sat down to watch a lovely, brainless, romantic comedy (What Happens In Vegas...)

at the end of a 10 hour work-day, I felt relaxed...for the first time in two weeks. No math curriculum, no Standards of Ethical Practice, no Piaget or Vygotsky, no Educational Law, just...Ashton Kutcher



and drippy, unrealistic romance.

(Oh Ashton....why are you so adorable?)

Sweet escape.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: